- Zincatest® is a simple non-invasive test, which gives an indication of zinc status
- Zincatest® can also be given as a zinc supplement
- Ideal for those who find tablets and capsules difficult to swallow
Up to one in three adults in the UK receives less than the reference nutrient intake (RNI) for zinc. This is largely a result of refining processes which remove up to 90% of the available zinc content from cereal grains along with the trend to eat less animal-derived protein.
This product may be used in one of two ways: as a food supplement and as a taste test to indicate zinc status.
- As a food supplement: take one 5ml spoonful of Zincatest® daily. You may wish to dilute this liquid in water or orange juice.
- As a taste test to indicate zinc status: take the test at least one hour after food or drink. Simply add 5ml of Zincatest® solution to 60ml of water and immediately swirl one 5ml spoonful of the diluted mixture around in the mouth for 10 seconds (this mixture can then be swallowed or spat out). The taste sensation that results from this test provides an indication of zinc status:
- 1. tasteless like water: low.
- 2. slightly dry furry mineral-like or even sweet taste develops after a few seconds: marginally low.
- 3. definite taste which intensifies with time: marginally positive.
- 4. strong unpleasant taste noticed immediately: positive.
If response corresponds to 1 or 2 above, use a zinc supplement or Zincatest® until response improves to 3 or 4.
A 3 to 6 month course may be necessary. A fresh solution should be made up each time a test is required.
|Zinc (as Zinc Sulphate)||15mg|
Zinc Sulphate Hepta Hydrate, Purified Water.
- Cautions: none known at the recommended dosage.
- Storage instructions: to be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
We currently only ship to the United Kingdom and Channel Islands, and a limited number of products to the EU. If you are outside of this area, please contact our customer services for shipping costs to your region.
Postage and Packing Costs
Postage and packing costs will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on the total cost of the items you order and, where delivery options are provided, the option you choose.
The postage and packaging charge you will pay will be displayed on screen before you confirm your order to us. Where multiple items are included in one order, we may dispatch the items separately, in which case, you will only be charged one postage and packing charge. If your order total drops below the £10 delivery threshold due to cancelled orders, you will be charged the standard delivery rate.
Express Delivery = Charge £9.95 (We aim to deliver the next working day for orders placed before 1pm. Orders made before Friday 1pm will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after Friday 1pm, throughout the weekend and before Monday 1pm will be delivered Tuesday)
Restricted Delivery = Charge £9.95 (Orders placed from Thursday 2pm throughout the weekend will be delivered by Tuesday). This rate is for products that cannot be sent via Royal Mail such as pressurised containers or products that require refrigeration.
Standard delivery is currently FREE for all orders over £10 (We aim to dispatch orders within 3 - 5 working days to the address provided by you in your order). Exclusions apply (refrigerated products and pressurised containers need to be sent with Restricted Delivery)
Wheelchair delivery and other large items = charge £49.95. Delivered within 3 working days on orders placed before 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Orders over £10 = No postage and packaging charge, unless a discount code is applied. Excludes wheelchairs and other large items.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void. This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment. As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.