POWERbreathe K1 is an electronic device for Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT). It automatically adapts the training resistance to your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each session. Choose POWERbreathe K1 for basic inspiratory muscle training.
- POWERbreathe K1 features:
- Auto-optimising IMT - automatically adapts to your training requirements
- Training Intensity - can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance - guides you to breathe at the appropriate rate
- Training Results - scroll between results for Volume, Power and Load
- The POWERbreathe K-Series is the world’s first range of intelligent digital breathing training devices.
The K-Series uses a patented and researched based ‘intelligent tapering system’ that matches the strength profile of your breathing muscles, providing you with the most effective way of training your breathing muscles, compared to conventional methods.
The K-Series devices feature an electronically controlled ‘tapered flow resistance’ that uses a computer controlled rotary valve to create the resistance to your in-breath. As a result of this, resistance is not fixed at the same level throughout your breath (unlike a pressure threshold device), because the device automatically reduces the resistance as you progress through your breath, matching the load to your declining muscle strength.
The tapered flow enables you to perform a longer inspiration and use a wider range of breathing muscles so you achieve higher flow and higher tidal volumes for better results. It achieves this by automatically adapting to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session. What this means is that the training load is highest at the start of your inhalation and then gradually decreases as your lungs fill with air.
During the first two breaths of each training session there is no resistance and you should inhale as quickly and deeply as possible. It’s during these breaths that the K-Series device measures your maximum breathing capability. Training load is then gradually introduced during breaths three and four until full loading is achieved for breath five and onwards. During these breaths you will find it increasingly harder to inhale.
Training measurement results are displayed on the device’s LCD screen, allowing you to monitor training progress and optimise your training technique.
In the box you find:
- POWERbreathe IMT device comes with either a GB, AUS, EU or US plug (depending on your country of purchase)
- Cradle to house the device while charging
- Mouthpiece (PVC – not made with natural rubber latex or and phthalates)
- Nose clip
- Storage pouch
- 4 cleansing tablets – these will be removed if shipping to the USA (as they are not FDA approved) and the box resealed
- Market specific user manual – supplied for end user’s country e.g. English for UK & Ireland, Spanish for Spain, French for France etc.
POWERbreathe is drug free, suitable for almost anyone and should cause no harmful side effects when used properly. Please read the following precautions and contraindications to ensure that POWERbreathe is used safely and appropriately.
The patient must not make changes to any prescribed medication or prescribed treatment programme without consulting their doctor.
- The K-Series devices are not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not use the POWERbreathe whilst taking part in other activities where you may become distracted, such as walking, running and driving.
- If you have a pacemaker or other medical implant containing magnets or electronics, please consult with your doctor before using the POWERbreathe K-Series devices.
- POWERbreathe should not be used if the patient is suffering from a ruptured eardrum or any other condition of the eardrum.
- To prevent the potential transmission of infections, we recommend that POWERbreathe is not shared with other users, including family members.
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- POWERbreathe is designed for exercising the inspiratory muscles only. No other use is intended or implied.
- Anyone who is under the age of 16 should only use POWERbreathe with supervision from an adult. POWERbreathe contains small parts and is not suitable for children under 7 years.
We currently only ship to the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. If you are outside of this area, please contact our customer services for shipping costs to your region.
Postage and Packing Costs
Postage and packing costs will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on the total cost of the items you order and, where delivery options are provided, the option you choose.
The postage and packaging charge you will pay will be displayed on screen before you confirm your order to us. Where multiple items are included in one order, we may dispatch the items separately, in which case, you will only be charged one postage and packing charge. If your order total drops below the £20 delivery threshold due to cancelled orders, you will be charged the standard delivery rate.
Express Delivery = Charge £9.95 (We aim to deliver the next working day for orders placed before 1pm. Orders made before Friday 1pm will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after Friday 1pm, throughout the weekend and before Monday 2pm will be delivered Tuesday). This service is not available to Northern Ireland.
Restricted Delivery = Charge £9.95 (Orders placed from Thursday 2pm throughout the weekend will be delivered by Tuesday). This rate is for products that cannot be sent via Royal Mail such as pressurised containers or products that require refrigeration.
Standard delivery is currently FREE for all orders over £20 (We aim to dispatch orders within 3 - 5 working days to the address provided by you in your order). Exclusions apply (refrigerated products and pressurised containers need to be sent with Restricted Delivery)
For orders less than £20 there is a £3.95 Postage and Packing fee.
Click & Collect service is free and available as an option for customers within government guidelines.
Wheelchair delivery and other large items = charge £49.95. Delivered within 3 working days on orders placed before 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void. This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment. As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.