DIABETES SCREENING SERVICE
Over three million people in the UK have diabetes, but it’s thought that up to another one million people have it without knowing.
During our quick and confidential screening test we:
• carry out a risk assessment
• check your glucose levels with
a simple finger prick blood test
• can refer you to your GP (if necessary)
• It’s completely confidential and takes just a few minutes.
WE’RE OFTEN ASKED
Why does being overweight or obese put one at risk for developing diabetes?
If you are overweight you are twice as likely to develop type 2 diabetes because the body cannot produce and utilize insulin properly.
What are the common signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes?
• Blurred or foggy vision
• Tiring easily
• Needing to urinate more often
• Increased hunger
To find out more, or book a service contact us