- Orthodontic toothbrushes: Orthodontic toothbrushes are designed to clean around braces and other orthodontic appliances. They have soft bristles and a small head to reach all areas of the mouth.
- Orthodontic toothpaste: Orthodontic toothpaste is specially formulated to help prevent cavities and gingivitis in people with braces and other orthodontic appliances. It contains fluoride and other ingredients to help keep teeth and gums healthy.
- Orthodontic wax: Orthodontic wax is a soft, pliable material that can be used to cover sharp edges on braces and other orthodontic appliances to prevent them from irritating the cheeks, gums, and tongue.
- Orthodontic interdental brushes: Orthodontic interdental brushes are small, tapered brushes that are used to clean between teeth and around braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- Orthodontic mouthwash: Orthodontic mouthwash helps to freshen breath and kill bacteria in the mouth. It is especially important for people with braces and other orthodontic appliances, as it can help to prevent plaque and tartar buildup.
- Retainer cleaning tablets: Retainer cleaning tablets are a convenient way to clean and disinfect retainers. They dissolve in water and help to remove plaque, bacteria, and food particles.
In addition to these accessories, there are a number of other products that can be used to help improve the comfort and effectiveness of orthodontic treatment. These include things like over-the-counter pain relievers, orthodontic floss, and orthodontic picks.
If you are wearing braces or other orthodontic appliances, it is important to talk to your orthodontist about the best orthodontic accessories for your individual needs. They can help you choose the right products and show you how to use them properly.
Using orthodontic accessories can help to make your orthodontic treatment more comfortable, effective, and aesthetically pleasing.