- Multivitamins: Multivitamins are supplements that contain a variety of vitamins and minerals. Multivitamins can be a good way to make sure you are getting the nutrients you need, but it is important to talk to your doctor before taking any supplements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for bone health, but it is also important for immune function. Vitamin D can be found in sunlight, but many people do not get enough sun exposure. Vitamin D supplements are available over-the-counter.
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for bone health. Calcium can be found in dairy products, but it is also available in supplement form.
- Iron: Iron is essential for red blood cell production. Iron deficiency can lead to anaemia, which can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, and pale skin. Iron supplements are available over-the-counter.
- Folate: Folate is essential for pregnant women, as it helps to prevent birth defects. Folate can be found in leafy green vegetables, but it is also available in supplement form.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is essential for nerve function. Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to fatigue, numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, and memory problems. Vitamin B12 supplements are available over-the-counter.
No matter what your needs are, there are vitamin and mineral products that can help you stay healthy. By talking to your doctor or a registered dietitian, you can find the right products for you and get the nutrients your body needs.