How to use dressings and plasters
- Clean the wound with soap and water before applying the dressing or plaster.
- Apply the dressing or plaster to the wound and surrounding skin.
- Secure the dressing or plaster in place with tape or bandages.
- Change the dressing or plaster regularly, especially if it is wet or soiled.
Benefits of using dressings and plasters
- Protect the wound from dirt and debris, which can help to prevent infection.
- Absorb drainage from the wound, which can help to keep the wound clean and dry.
- Promote healing by creating a moist environment for the wound.
- Reduce pain by cushioning the wound and by protecting it from friction.
Dressings and plasters are an essential part of wound care. They are easy to use and can be used at home or on the go. If you have a wound, it is important to use a dressing or plaster to protect it and to promote healing.