At John Bell & Croyden, we want to help you get the most from your prescription medicines. To help you do this we offer the following range of NHS services:
PATIENT MEDICATION RECORDS
We keep a record of all your prescriptions, unless you ask us not to do so.
We dispense NHS and private prescriptions and can order special medicines or appliances if needed.
ADVICE ON SELF-CARE
Our pharmacy team can advise you on treating minor illnesses and buying over-the-counter medicines.
If you urgently need medication but cannot see your doctor, we may be able to help.
All our medicines are supplied in child-resistant containers, but we can supply them differently if you ask us too.
NHS REPEAT DISPENSING
We can provide this service if your GP participates in the NHS Repeat Dispensing scheme and is local to this pharmacy.
We can dispose of your unwanted medicines safely.
NHS NEW MEDICINES SERVICE
We can help you understand your condition and discuss if taking a new medicine could benefit you.
WHAT IS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE?
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a level consistently at or above 140mmHg and/or 90mmHg.
One in three adults have high blood pressure though often most people do not have any symptoms. The only way to find out is to do a quick, simple test.
Our service will check your blood pressure and, if required, advise you on a future course of action.
DIABETES SCREENING SERVICE
Over three million people in the UK have diabetes, but it’s thought that up to another one million people have it without knowing.
During our quick and confidential screening test we:
• carry out a risk assessment
• check your glucose levels with
a simple finger prick blood test
• can refer you to your GP (if necessary)
• It’s completely confidential and takes just a few minutes.
WE’RE OFTEN ASKED
Why does being overweight or obese put one at risk for developing diabetes?
If you are overweight you are twice as likely to develop type 2 diabetes because the body cannot produce and utilize insulin properly.
What are the common signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes?
• Blurred or foggy vision
• Tiring easily
• Needing to urinate more often
• Increased hunger
TAKE CONTROL OF PAIN
By understanding more about your medicines, and about other supplements
and solutions that may be effective for you, we can help ensure your pain
has as little effect on your day-to-day life as possible.
We can talk to you about:
• How to take your painkillers to obtain the best effects, and help prevent or minimise any side-effects you may be experiencing
• A range of natural supplements that you may be able to use to help control your pain
• Medical and electrical solutions, such as TENS, that can also help you to manage pain
• Supports and braces to help relieve joint and muscle pain
At John Bell & Croyden our personal product advisors are here to help
you with all your pharmacy, beauty, wellbeing and medical needs. The
service is free, but it’s best to book an appointment by phone beforehand.
If you require a native speaker, we’ll make every effort to accommodate
What to expect from your session:
1 Your personal product advisor will meet and take you an area if you prefer to speak more privately
2 You’ll have a chance to discuss your health and well-being needs in private, before being given a tour of the shop floor (if interested)
3 Any items you purchase can be delivered to your home or your London hotel if you’re a visitor to the city
Locals or overseas visitors alike are welcome to come in store for confidential treatment and advice. Simply pop in and you’ll be assessed and treated there and then by a healthcare professional.
We’ll provide you with the required medication and/or dressings and self-care information, so that you can continue with your care at home, or refer you to an appropriate healthcare professional.
We’ll even arrange a follow up appointment if necessary.
• Urgent Repeat Medication Service, for when you require emergency prescriptions or have run out of your regular medication
• Travel Service, to check which vaccines you need and for vaccinations on the spot, including yellow fever
• Minor Injury Clinic, for on the spot treatment of sprains and strains, insect bites and stings, burns and scalds, cuts and grazes, and blisters
• Solutions to a wide range of ailments and issues including cystitis, coughs and cold, children’s illnesses, diarrhoea, head lice, hayfever, verrucas and more
SUPPORT AND BRACE FITTING
To help with conditions like arthritis, we offer a support and brace fitting with a wide range of professional products that can relieve pressure and allow ease of movement.
To get the best from your supports or braces, they need to fit correctly. Our fully trained advisors are on hand to assist you, whether you are privately funded or buying prescription items.
• We offer a bespoke, made-to-measure service for knee bracing, compression hosiery and lymphedema garments.
• We provide a measuring service for support hosiery and arthritic care products
• Our team can also measure for sports supports, provide sports injury .correction, offer advice on sports injury treatments and help enable you to prevent them from reoccurring specialists available in London.