Try adding 25 drops to a bottle of shower gel for a really cleansing experience.
For problem skin, blend 2 drops of Tea Tree in 5ml (a teaspoon) of Jojoba oil - apply twice daily.
Try a weekly steam facial using 1 drop of Tea Tree with 2 drops of Mandarin in a bowl of just-boiled water. Tea Tree may irritate some sensitive skins and, although a very small amount may be dabbed neat on spots, insect bites and cold sores, most people would not recommend this for sensitive skin types.
To help keep feet fresh and healthy, try using 2 drops of Tea Tree with 2 drops of Lemon in a foot bath.
To maintain healthy hair for children and adults alike, dilute 5 drops of Tea Tree, 3 drops of Geranium and 2 drops of Lavender in 20ml of Coconut oil. Massage into the scalp and leave for as long as possible before washing out thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
When used correctly, essential oils are completely safe and have a wide variety of uses. They are, however, very concentrated and powerful so certain precautions should be taken. If in any doubt about their safe use or effects, consult a qualified aromatherapist or seek medical advice. Some general guidelines for safe use are:
- Do not take Essential Oils internally unless under the supervision of a Qualified Practitioner licensed to prescribe oils for internal use.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes.
- Seek professional/medical advice before use if you are pregnant.
- Seek advice from a qualified Aromatherapist before using any essential oils on babies and small children.
- Seek medical advice before use if you have a medical condition (such as epilepsy, high blood pressure, etc).
- If you have an adverse reaction to an essential oil, stop use immediately and seek professional/medical advice.
- Do not use essential oils undiluted on the skin (or undiluted in the bath).
- Some essential oils have specific contraindications – always follow the individual precautions given by Absolute Aromas.
Tea Tree oil is highly anti-bacterial, consequently, it used in many different ways and is probably one of the most well known essential oils around.
Tea Tree is deeply cleansing, thus an important oil for use in infections, problem skin, colds and flu and boosting the immune system. It is often used in hand washes and skin care.
Free shipping over £25
Need help? Contact us
Adding product to your cart