- How did Derm Institute begin?
- What are Derm Institute's key ingredients?
- What are ranges within Derm Institute?
- How to treat and prevent dark spots.
- How does summer, heat and humidity impact the skin?
- How did the pandemic change beauty routines?
- What is your favourite Derm Institute product?
1) Who is Derm Institute and when did your story begin?Derm Institute is a luxurious and effective High-Tech skincare brand that combines Stem Cell Technology with Eastern Therapeutic herbs, to repair and make your skin healthier from the inside out.
The brand was founded when I attended the Stem cell workshop in 2008 - I collaborated with scientists and chemists using DNA technology to test efficacy of Eastern Therapeutic herbs that can repair skin from inside out to achieve healthier and youthful skin.
2) Derm Institute is powered by medical-grade ingredients and therapeutic herbs. What would you say are the key ingredients for healthy, glowing skin?
Anti-Oxidant complex is an important complex in every collection. The complex consists with an average of 6-8 antioxidants from Easter Therapeutic herbs, such as Ergothioneine, Bacopa Monniera, Morinda Officinalis, Neem, Resveratrol that help to offset free radicals and reduce inflammation in the skin.
3) You have different collections; can you tell us more about each range and which needs do they target?
a) Anti-Oxidant Hydration Collection – Soothes. Hydrates. Repairs. The collection activates PPAR (gene transcription factor) and boosts 600 genes related to hydration function, while working to protect skin cells and reduce inflammation.
b) Daily Defense Collection - Soothes, defends and protects the skin barrier.
The collection is enriched with glacier water from the Alps, powerful botanical extracts and potent antioxidants, that contain rich minerals to effectively strengthen the skin barrier against environmental stressors.
c) Cellular Brightening Collection - Brightens. Detoxifies. Illuminates.
The collection uses an exclusive Cellular Brightening Complex ‘Melan-No-More’, activates NrF2 (gene transcription factor) to boost 175 genes for the production of antioxidants and effectively reduces free radical damage while balancing melanin in the skin.
d) Cellular Rejuvenating Collection - Anti-Stress, Anti-Ageing, Anti-Gravity.
The collection is enriched with powerful antioxidants and peptides. Fighting ageing on all fronts, it works to rejuvenate, repair and protect the skin.
e) Youth Alchemy Collection - Firms. Fortifies. Recharges.
The collection is enriched with cutting-edge stem cells, nano-gold and nano-platinum peptides to strengthen the skin barrier, prevent photo-ageing, and lengthen skin cell longevity.
4. Hyperpigmentation is a common condition for both women and men: how can we treat and prevent dark spots?
It is important to use an effective sunscreen with a high UVA /UVB protection during the day. Cellular Brightening Spot Treatment can help with hyperpigmentation, redness and inflammation. We use advanced stable vitamin C at 48% concentration to balance melanin levels in the skin and improve hyperpigmentation.
5) How does summer, the heat and humidity, impact our skin?
Dehydration, imbalance of oil and water can cause inflammation. Humidity attracts PM2.5 air pollutants which can increase the imbalance of PH levels and bacteria, causing inflammation and acne. Our Anti-Oxidant collection can fight inflammation and dehydration. I love using the Anti-Oxidant Hydration Gel Masque as a sleep mask at night or as a flight mask. My skin always feels soft and hydrated after using it.
6) With the pandemic many aspects of our life had to change. How much has changed in people's beauty routines?
People are more focused on their skin care routine at home now compared to before the pandemic, and they tend not to wear as much make-up or sunscreen.
7) What is your number one favourite product?
Youth Alchemy Eye Cream. I like this product because the neuropeptides and anti-aging peptides have, at a high concentration of 35%, prevented me from getting wrinkles, dark circle and dehydration around my eye area. This is the eye cream I cannot live without!
8) What newness can we expect from Derm Institute this year?
Our new SPF 50+ PA ++++ will be released in September 2021, this was out of stock for 2 years, we are very excited to launch this product back to the market. It is not easy to find a good skincare physical SPF 50+ sunscreen with natural tint in the market.