T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo
- Treats itchy, flaky scalp
- Effective treatment for scalp psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis (dry, itching scalp) and dandruff
- Treats your scalp, cares for your hair
What the medicine is for
Neutrogena® T/Gel® Therapeutic Shampoo is a fragranced medicated shampoo which should be used two or three times a week, for the treatment of itchy, flaky scalp disorders such as dandruff, psoriasis and seborrhoeic dermatitis. Regular use helps control these problems, while leaving your hair shiny and manageable.
The shampoo can be used by adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Before using the shampoo
- This product is suitable for most people.
- If you are in any doubt about using this product talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
How to use this product
This product is for cutaneous and external use only. This means it should only be used to treat the skin on your scalp.
Applying the Shampoo
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Apply liberal amounts of shampoo and massage into the scalp to form a rich lather.
- Leave the lather on the scalp for several minutes.
- Rinse and repeat the application once more.
- Rinse thoroughly, avoiding contact with eyes.
Children under 12 years of age
Should not be used by children under 12 years of age.
- Adults and children aged 12 years and over
- Apply the shampoo as described above two or three times a week.
- Treatment should last about 6 weeks. If there is no improvement after 6 weeks consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- If irritation develops, stop using the shampoo and contact your doctor if necessary.
If anyone has swallowed this product
If you or your child accidentally swallows T/Gel® Shampoo, contact a doctor or your nearest accident and emergency department (Casualty) taking this pack with you.
Retain carton for full instructions.
The Active Ingredient is: Neutar™ Solubilised Coal Tar Extract 20 mg/ml, Other Ingredients are: Macrogol Lauryl Ether (4), Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Cocodiethanolamide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E218), Propyl Parahydroxybenzoate (E216), Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid Anhydrous, Perfume (contains Esters of Benzoic Acid, Benzyl Benzoate and Butylated Hydroxytoluene (E321)), Sodium Chloride and Purified Water
Possible side-effects This product can have side-effects like all medicines, although these don't affect everyone and are usually mild.
Effects which may occur include:
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- Allergic reactions including itchy rash and sensitivity to light.
- Dry hair, hair loss, acne like breakouts or rash.
- Application site reactions including skin irritation, burning sensation, itching and dry scalp.
Reporting of side-effects
If you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side- effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side-effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side-effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use this product if you have
- Had a bad reaction to coal tar or any ingredients in this product.
- Inflamed or broken skin.
- A rare and severe form of psoriasis causing redness, inflammation and blistering of the skin (erythrodermic or pustular psoriasis).
- If any of the above applies talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Special Warnings about the product:
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Coal tar may cause your skin to react to sunlight after use, so you should avoid direct sunlight immediately after use.
- In rare cases, there may be temporary discolouration of blond, bleached or tinted hair.
Pregnancy and Breast-feeding
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding unless recommended by your doctor.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems
- Methyl (E218) and Propyl (E216) parahydroxybenzoate may cause allergic reactions which could be delayed.
- Esters of benzoic acid, benzyl benzoate and butylated hydroxytoluene (E321) can mildly irritate the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
We currently only ship to the United Kingdom and Channel Islands, and a limited number of products to the EU. If you are outside of this area, please contact our customer services for shipping costs to your region.
Postage and Packing Costs
Postage and packing costs will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on the total cost of the items you order and, where delivery options are provided, the option you choose.
The postage and packaging charge you will pay will be displayed on screen before you confirm your order to us. Where multiple items are included in one order, we may dispatch the items separately, in which case, you will only be charged one postage and packing charge. If your order total drops below the £10 delivery threshold due to cancelled orders, you will be charged the standard delivery rate.
Express Delivery = Charge £9.95 (We aim to deliver the next working day for orders placed before 1pm. Orders made before Friday 1pm will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after Friday 1pm, throughout the weekend and before Monday 1pm will be delivered Tuesday)
Restricted Delivery = Charge £9.95 (Orders placed from Thursday 2pm throughout the weekend will be delivered by Tuesday). This rate is for products that cannot be sent via Royal Mail such as pressurised containers or products that require refrigeration.
Standard delivery is currently FREE for all orders over £10 (We aim to dispatch orders within 3 - 5 working days to the address provided by you in your order). Exclusions apply (refrigerated products and pressurised containers need to be sent with Restricted Delivery)
Wheelchair delivery and other large items = charge £49.95. Delivered within 3 working days on orders placed before 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Orders over £10 = No postage and packaging charge, unless a discount code is applied. Excludes wheelchairs and other large items.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void. This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment. As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.