For those on Antibiotics
Who is it for?
For anyone looking for a friendly bacteria supplement to take alongside a course of antibiotics.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 4 billion live cultures and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- The two strains contained in this supplement are very well researched and have been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut, even when taken with antibiotics.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for: women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Suitable from 1 year onwards.
- Recommended for daily use over the course of 10 days alongside a typical course of antibiotics.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
- Available in one pack size of 10 capsules.
Once you have finished taking ‘For those on antibiotics’, we recommend taking ‘For every day EXTRA Strength’ as a daily supplement going forward.
This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
Food supplement suitable for adults and children, from 1 year onwards, with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, every day during your antibiotic course and for a few days afterwards or until the pack has been completed.
- Can be taken at the same time as antibiotics - this product has been clinically trialled alongside antibiotics and found to reach the gut alive.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or beverage.
Note: If you are taking particularly long-term antibiotics (a month or more), you may want to consider taking OptiBac For every day EXTRA Strength instead. This supplement would need to be taken with food, preferably breakfast, and 1 - 2 hours away from the antibiotic.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use. OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, 'For those on antibiotics' does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care.
- Stabiliser: potato starch
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11, Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52
- Anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate; antioxidant: ascorbic acid
Each capsule guarantees 4 billion live cultures.
Suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
We currently only ship to the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. If you are outside of this area, please contact our customer services for shipping costs to your region.
Postage and Packing Costs
Postage and packing costs will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on the total cost of the items you order and, where delivery options are provided, the option you choose.
The postage and packaging charge you will pay will be displayed on screen before you confirm your order to us. Where multiple items are included in one order, we may dispatch the items separately, in which case, you will only be charged one postage and packing charge. If your order total drops below the £20 delivery threshold due to cancelled orders, you will be charged the standard delivery rate.
Express Delivery = Charge £9.95 (We aim to deliver the next working day for orders placed before 1pm. Orders made before Friday 1pm will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after Friday 1pm, throughout the weekend and before Monday 2pm will be delivered Tuesday). This service is not available to Northern Ireland.
Restricted Delivery = Charge £9.95 (Orders placed from Thursday 2pm throughout the weekend will be delivered by Tuesday). This rate is for products that cannot be sent via Royal Mail such as pressurised containers or products that require refrigeration.
Standard delivery is currently FREE for all orders over £25 (We aim to dispatch orders within 3 - 5 working days to the address provided by you in your order). Exclusions apply (refrigerated products and pressurised containers need to be sent with Restricted Delivery)
For orders less than £25 there is a £3.95 Postage and Packing fee.
Click & Collect service is free and available as an option for customers within government guidelines.
Wheelchair delivery and other large items = charge £49.95. Delivered within 3 working days on orders placed before 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void. This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment. As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.