Colloidal Silicic Acid
Colloidal silicic acid
- To treat Heartburn, Reflux and Vomiting
And IBS symptoms
- Nausea, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Bowel discomfort and Diarrhoea
Silicolgel contains silicic acid which is a compound of the mineral substance silicon and oxygen in a colloidal (highly dispersable) and hydrated form. Silicon is the second most abundant element on Earth, after oxygen. It is found in nature as silicon dioxide and in the hydrated or aqueous form as silicic acid.
Gastrointestinal disorders use usually caused by irritants and by harmful and toxic substances as well as pathogens. When the gastrointestinal tract is disturbed by such toxic substances and pathogens, it could result in disorders such as heartburn, reflux and vomiting as well as nausea, abdominal pain, bowel discomfort, diarrhoea and flatulence which may be symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). As a result, the digestive tract cannot function normally and this may lead to physical discomfort.
The advantage of silicolgel exists in the large and highly reactive surface of silicic acid. When taken internally, it forms a protective and soothing coating over the lining of the stomach and intestines. Due to the adsorptive or binding properties of colloidal silicic acid, it physically adsorbs or binds most irritants and harmful and toxic substances as well as pathogens. This renders them harmless so that they can be removed naturally through the intestines and out of the body. Silicic acid can also bind gases and reduce excess acidity. This can reduce flatulence.
- Shake bottle well before every use.
- Take silicolgel at least 1 hour before or after the intake of medicines.
- To treat gastrointestinal disorders, take 1 tablespoonful (15 ml) of silicolgel three times daily, preferably before meals.
- Silicolgel should only be used for children under 12 following medical advice.
- Silicolgel can be taken either undiluted or diluted with water. After acute symptoms ease, treatment with silicolgel can continue for another few days.
- Silicolgel also alleviates similar symptoms in the gastrointestinal tract that may occur due to a change in diet during travel or on holiday.
- If acute symptoms have not reduced after three days, consult a doctor.
- With diarrhoea, it is necessary to replace lost fluids. In chronic disorders, treat for up to 4 weeks.
Shake bottle well before every use.
3.5g Silicon Dioxide in 100ml Silicic Acid Gel, Preservatives: Sorbic Acid (E 200), Sodium Benzoate (E 211)
No known side effects.
silicolgel should be taken at least 1 hour before or after the intake of medicines.
Do not use silicolgel in case of hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Keep out of reach of children.
Read the package insert before use.
Postage and packing costs will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on the total cost of the items you order and, where delivery options are provided, the option you choose.
The postage and packaging charge you will pay will be displayed on screen before you confirm your order to us. Where multiple items are included in one order, we may dispatch the items separately, in which case, you will only be charged one postage and packing charge. If your order total drops below the £50 delivery threshold due to cancelled orders, you will be charged the standard delivery rate.
Express Delivery = Charge £9.95. (We aim to deliver the next working day. Orders made before Friday 2pm will be delivered on Monday. Orders placed after Friday 2pm, throughout the weekend and before Monday 2pm will be delivered Tuesday)
Standard delivery = Orders up to £50 = postage and packaging. Charge is £5.95. (We aim to dispatch orders within 3 - 5 working days to the address provided by you in your order.)
Wheelchair delivery and other large items = charge £49.95. Delivered within 3 working days on orders placed before 2pm, Monday to Friday.
Orders over £50 = No postage and packaging charge, unless a discount code is applied. Excludes wheelchairs and other large items.
Purchasing in bulk/high unit volume
Please note that when purchasing high unit volumes of single lines (10+ units) that delivery promotions are null and void. This is as a result of high volume orders not being able to be dispatched via our normal third party fulfilment. As a result for any excessive bulk orders of single lines we will be in touch regarding your order to discuss further delivery costs that will be incurred.